Saturday, June 30, 2007

Margarita Days

Summer is here, and it's time for margaritas. Here's one great recipe. It's from my husband's grandmother.

I misread the recipe the first time, and I thought it called for 6 oz. of beets, rather than beer. I realized my mistake in time, but I'm almost tempted to find out how it would have tasted.

What's your personal twist on a margarita recipe?

Gretchen's Margaritas

1 lime or lemon
1 cup tequila
1 (6oz) can frozen limeade concentrate
1/4 cup triple sec
6 oz. beer
2 cup crushed ice
salt

Mix tequila, limeade, triple sec, beer and ice in a blender. Cut lime or lemon in 1/2 and rub on rim of glasses. Dip rims in salt. Pour and enjoy. Makes 6 (5oz) servings.

No comments:

Get the recipe search button for Google Toolbar!
Click here to install the button in seconds and be a kitchen magician forever.