Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Fourth of July Thai Iced Tea


The 4th of July is independence day in the U.S. It was a beautiful warm sunny day. My husband, my son and I went to the 2007 Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival. My son loves pirate ships, and he really enjoyed the boats. When I came home, I was felt like having Thai Ice Tea. Of course, I don't have Thai tea in my pantry, so I came up with a new recipe. It's pretty good. If you have a chance, please try it and let me know.


Fourth of July Thai Iced Tea

1 cup water
2-3 tea bags, black (Lipton)
2 tbs sweetened condensed milk
2 tbs sugar
Ice, crushed
Evaporated milk

Boil the water and steep tea bags for 5 minutes. Strain out teabags and put sugar, sweetened condensed milk, let cool. Put ice into a glass; add tea and a little evaporated milk on top. Enjoy!

***If you like your tea stronger then you can steep the tea longer than 5 minutes. You can also add more sugar or sweetened condensed milk. Normally, Thai ice tea is very sweet. I personally don't like it too sweet.

No comments:

Get the recipe search button for Google Toolbar!
Click here to install the button in seconds and be a kitchen magician forever.